I think you meant to go to your localhost:
Local Host (localhost) 127.0.0.1
Localhost is very useful for computers to talk to each other on the same LAN (Local Area Network). It can also be used by hackers in order to access your computer without your permission. You should take proper security precautions if you are trying to protect yourself from hackers, as well as if you wish to set up a LAN.
What is localhost?
Localhost is a term for computers that are connected to the internet and connect to each other. They usually only operate on your computer and can be accessed by clicking the "loop" icon in your browser, but they sometimes run programs just like a regular computer.
How localhost work?
When you want to access the local area network (LAN), your computer sends a request to the router connected to your computer. The router will look up the IP address of your computer and send back a signal telling your computer what IP address to use. This is how you can access websites such as wikipedia, even though they reside on a server elsewhere on the Internet because it's being sent from an IP address that belongs to your router.
What is my local host (localhost)?
iframe call or curl call
What is 127.0.0.1?
127.0.0.1 is an IP address, but the rest of the information that I'm going to present here is irrelevant. The important part of 127.0.0.1 is that it's a loopback address and there's nothing more to it than that. What you need to do now is go into your cmd or terminal and type "ipconfig /all" and look for "IPv4 Address".
What is my IP address?
get user ip address
How fast is localhost?
Localhost is very fast compared to other networks. Localhost is the fastest way for a computer to talk to itself because the computer knows where all of its components are. The Internet is not nearly as fast as localhost, however, because of the way Internet protocols must be sent. If you have a laptop and use a network connection that is not your own personal network, then you are using an Internet connection.
What are the benefits of localhost?
The main benefit of localhost is that you can easily talk to yourself. If you are a student that has a laptop and want to play games on it, this is one way you can do it. You can also use localhost for browsing or sending and receiving e-mails.
What is the drawbacks of localhost?
The main drawback with localhost is that your computer only knows about itself and cannot access outside programs, such as Facebook or Twitter.
What do I need to use localhost?
Localhost requires a computer. A computer can mean a laptop or any other type of electronic device that is capable of connecting to computers through the Internet.
How to access/run localhost?
Following are the steps you need to follow to run localhost on your computer.
Download and install your chosen Operating System in any of the following ways.
- If Windows is your Operating System then follow these steps: Go to Start Menu and Click Run Then type in CMD or Click on 'Start' Menu > All Programs > Accessories > right-click on 'Command Prompt' and click 'Run as Administrator'
- If Mac is your Operating System then follow these steps: Open 'Applications' menu and click on 'Utilities' from the left column.
- If Linux is your Operating System then follow these steps: Click on 'Start Menu' and select 'Linux 2 command shell'.
- Open your browser and type in the Internet address of the site you want to visit or a site where you know you will have access to localhost. The URL will either be http://127.0.0.1 or https://127.0.0.1
- The localhost screen will appear and you can use it to run programs on your computer or connect to other computers on the LAN.
- To exit localhost screen click on 'Back' from the browser and your browser will open back to your homepage, ehow, etc.
- To close your browser completely, right click on the 'Opera' icon on the upper left corner and click 'Exit'.
- To open your browser again, click on the 'Opera' icon on the upper left corner.
- When you go to http://127.0.0.1/ it means that you are accessing a computer connected to 127.0.0.1 IP address and not directly to the Internet even though its IP address is 127.0.0.1 and not an Internet IP address (.com, .org, etc.).
- Localhost can be accessed only from the same computer it is located on.